Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 7/29/2004: WI-39 re: Acceptance Ack [RSD]

I am not certain that "Business Acknowledgment" captures the meaning of
this signal accurately.

The old Acceptance Acknowledgment indicated that the (received) business
document had been

1. checked to see whether it was a legitimate request and
2. that those checks indicated that it had been accepted for a pending
business decision,
so that
3. a firm commitment existed to inform the requester of the outcome of
that decision in the agreed upon manner by the agreed upon time.

This seems to be a more specific meaning than "Business Acknowledgment"
conveys.

I do agree with Anders that "Acceptance Acknowledgment" does not convey
the intended meaning of the signal very vividly or precisely either.

We now have a way to map signal envelopes into the more specific signal
documents.

I suggest we leave the envelope names the same (which are the ones used
in documenting the BP patterns from UNCITRAL and elsewhere) but we allow
other names to be used for the actual Signal (with its specification and
schema) that is pointed to elsewhere.

Perhaps the above provisions, accompanied by the documention and
illustration of its use, will allow more vivid names and customization
of precise business intent to evolve in the signal document names.

So let me propose the above as as (part of ) a way to resolve this
issue.