Subject: [ebBP] 11/2/2004: Schema #5 - TTP on Business Collaboration

In Monday's call, we discussed two aspects of Time to Perform on a
business collaboration. If you look at historical guidelines [1], the
TTP was described as existing on:

    * Business collaboration task (reqts view) [2]
    * Business action (Requesting and responding activity)
    * Business transaction activity
    * Receipt ack (both)
    * Acceptance ack (requesting only)-

Martin Roberts asked if we would consider the TTP on business
collaboration as optional. We currently have a required TTP attribute for:

    * BusinessCollaborationType
    * BinaryCollaborationType
    * MultipartyCollaborationType
    * BusinessActivityType
    * Receipt ack (both)
    * Acceptance ack (both)

In looking deeper, a time MAY exist on a business collaboration [3].
Therefore, I would suggest we take John Yunker's recommendation that
indeed it could be optional. I would encourage any other team inputs.
Another discussion item (#6) will follow from JJ Dubray on signal TTP.

Thanks.

[1] UMM, R10, Chapter 8.
[2] Exists on business process activity in R12 metamodel although I
don't have a definition.
[3] "A task is work that is performed with respect to time. There may be
a specific time within which the task must be performed."
UMM R10, Chapter 8.

Schema at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/download.php/9902/ebBPSS-2_oct29.xsd