Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Business Transaction definition

I think we should ask for some feedback about whether the concrete business transactions (Commercial Transaction, Request Response,... are enough or are there some common "patterns" that are missing). I don't see a problem adding a few at this point, on the other hand it would hurt interoperability if we did not have enough.

JJ-

________________________________

From: Steve Capell [mailto:steve.capell@redwahoo.com]
Sent: Mon 11/8/2004 12:00 PM
To: Jean-Jacques Dubray; 'YANO Keisuke (????)'
Cc: 'ebXML BP'

I think what Kesuke-san means is that he wants to support both receipt and
acceptance acknowledgment signals in a Notification pattern (ie there is no
business response but the sender wants to be sure that the request document
was accepted by the recipient's back office system).  We have also
encountered this pattern - particularly for the invoice transaction.  Most
systems today do not support the issue of an "invoice response" upon receipt
of an invoice - and yet the invoice process is clearly one that requires a
high level of transactional integrity.  The UMM notification pattern does
not (by default) define an acceptance signal.  However I dont see any reason
why the transaction characteristics for a notification pattern cannot define
a value for "time to accept" and therefore trigger a BSI to create an
acceptance signal?

Steve Capell
Red Wahoo Pty Ltd
+61 410 437854