Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Abela 10/26/2004: Feedback on BPSS Resources

Hi,

Following up on the lead as promised! I have been in contact with Tom
Baeyens Founder and Lead Developer, JBoss jBPM. I am attaching his reply
to this email, should anybody be interested to participate.

Regards,

Jesmond

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Baeyens [mailto:tom.baeyens@jboss.com]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 11:46
To: Jesmond Abela
Subject: RE: Support of open standards in jBPM 3.0

Jesmond,

This definitely has my interest.  Not much docs available yet on the new
architecture.  We are just done with prototyping and we are transforming
this prototype into a first alpha version.

I want to spend some time on this : i propose a one hour teleconference to
describe the new architecture to you and your developers.

https://jboss.webex.com/jboss/onstage/tool/record/viewrecording1.php?EventID=316430010&Rnd=0.4337379236076788
is a jboss jbpm webinar that touches briefly on jbpm 3 at the end.

the sources of the new architecture can be found in cvs.

The gain for us would be that you implement another spec on top of the
jbpm kernel.  This will make jBPM the defacto standard in workflow
engines.  Therefor I want to assist your team if they get stuck.  Will you
be publishing the BPSS the under the LGPL license ?

what about OASIS TC and an open source reference impl for BPSS ?

regards, tom.