Subject: 3 different parts: private business processes :: public businessprocesses :: messaging

Hi ebBP team

Sorry for stirring up the TC but I came across one or two important
questions and I would like to continue discuss these questions.

I paste the same email as I sent to the ebxml-dev list.

Regards

Sacha

Hi ebxml-dev community

Having seen productive ebXML messages exchanged between ebXML Message
Service Handlers that were configured with an ebXML CPA in real world is
pretty cool. ebXML Business Processes are used for CPA generation and
documentation.

But still not there, yet ...

I am looking forward to see ebXML Business Process being putting more
into the right perspective for B2B. Introducing ebXML business processes
in the form of playing an active part in the B2B business collaboration
seems to be one of the next steps.

There are the private business processes or legacy backend applications
at each party and now we introduce the public buisness processes [2]
between the parties. ebXML messaging is providing interoperable, secure
and reliable ebXML message exchange between the parties.

So amongst others, here are these three components:

1) private business processes and legacy backend applications
2) public business processes (ebXML)
3) messaging (ebXML)

The question is how to get these three components to work nicely
together.

a) Combining 1 and 2 and 3?
b) Having specified interfaces between each?
c) Combining 1 and 2? or Combining 2 and 3? (also needs an interface)
d) Leaving it open?

Any other approaches and directions?

A point I want to make here is, if interfaces are a solution, we have to
define them, otherwise we cannot take the next steps.

Regards

Sacha

[1] typically for the parties to understand the collaborative business
process
[2] Synonym to shared business processes and business collaborations

PS: I did not introduce registry and core components or other components
which also need consideration.