Subject: ebBP 2/23/2006: FYI - Ontolog Invited Speaker - Asuman Dogac - Thu2006.03.02

Everyone,
As indirectly related to our work, Dr. Asuman Dogac will speak to the
Ontolog Forum on 2 March 2006, about the use of ontological approaches
with ebXML Registry/Repository. Some of the same mechanisms she
envisions for use with IHE are directly applicable to support for
business processes. A summary of her brief is found at [2].

As we've spoken, this work was sponsored by the by the eHealth and
eBusiness Units of the European Commission. Look for the slides on this
site soon:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_03_02 [1]

If you are interested in attending, please contact Peter Yim at: "Peter
P. Yim" <peter.yim@cim3.com>.

Thanks.

[1] I have the draft slides although they may change prior to the event
2 March.
[2] ebXML registry is capable of storing semantics about the registry
objects. This semantics is restricted to classification hierarchies with
properties. However it is possible to represent some Web Ontology
Language (OWL) constructs in the registry and through stored procedures
it is possible to make registry OWL aware. I will first discuss how to
make ebXML registries OWL aware and then through an application in
eHealth I will discuss how this semantics can be exploited.