Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Schema file names

Stephen,

I concur - it would greatly assist everyone if OASIS could commit to using a server side re-direct to map the base ....2.0.xsd to whatever the latest iteration happens to be.

People can then either use that - or the explicit direct address - depending on their needs (latest version or explicit version).

DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ebxml-bp] Schema file names
From: "Stephen Green" <stephengreenubl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, March 14, 2006 8:06 am
To: ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org

Please may I just bring up the namespace/schema filename matter again.

Will it be that
xsi:schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-2.0 ebbp-2.0.xsd"
and
xsi:schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-2.0 ebbp-2.0.3.xsd"
are both correct in a document?

I'm pondering what will happen with standardisation effects resulting in change
of spec version to 2.0.4 (even if the change isn't to the schema content). It
was once assured me that even if the schema filename changes to
ebbp-2.0.4.xsd (and likewise ebbp-signals-2.0.4.xsd) there will be server
magic which means that the filenames ebbp-2.0.xsd and ebbp-signals-2.0.xsd
will still be valid. In that case I'm safe in using
xsi:schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-2.0 ebbp-2.0.xsd"
and
<Specification nameID="gebpss2" name="Exception"
location="ebbp-signals-2.0.xsd"/>
in definition instances, yes? Just need reassurance :-) Sorry to keep pressing
on this. Assurance of no changes to the namespace in particular would
be good too
- that it will stay at http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-2.0
(for 2.0) and not
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-2.0.3, etc