Subject: [ebxml-bp] Schema file names ATTENTION 28 March 2006

As a (albeit late, sorry) followup to Stephen's questions that we
discussed 14 March 2006, here is a summary of the discussion from that
meeting and one additional comment driven by OASIS requirements:

    * Summary, 14 March 2006:
          o The namespace will default to the latest schemas for ebBP
            core and business signals (for Schema, SignalSchema).
          o We will ask OASIS to create an alias that allows the
            namespace to resolve to the latest schema.
          o Should an implementer desire to resolve to other than the
            latest schema, a specific schema should be requested.
          o Any schema changes that occur that create an backwardly
            incompatible version, the major number will change, i.e. v3.0.
          o The artifact names will be unique (for example, ebbp-2.0.3.xsd).
    * OASIS requirement: OASIS has created paths to each TC. Despite the
      artifact guidelines, the minimum requirement could be that we use
      this already designated path. [1] For example:
          o Current:
                + docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/Schema/ebbp-2.0 (namespace)
                + docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/Schema/ebbp-2.0.3.xsd
                  (specific schema)
          o Should we be able to negotiate a change: [2]
                + docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/Schema/ebbp-2.0 (namespace)
                + docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/Schema/ebbp-2.0.3.xsd
                  (specific schema)

    Note: Neither of these changes the file names I have used. For
    example, the file name for the .zip for the .xsd core schema is:
    ebxmlbp-v2.0.3-Schema-wd-r01-en.zip (no hyphen).

We can further discuss this today. I am uncertain we will be aDale can
verify this and add any details prior to a request being made to OASIS
webmaster and TC administration.

Thanks and again apologies for this late post.

[1] This is consistent with the comment we made when the TC was asked
about the pending ASIS guidelines.
[2] This is what is consistent with Stephen's email.