Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Reminders and Updates on ebBP

Monica,

Vis Page 3 and BPEL - I'd suggest adding a note that BPEL works with CPA and transactionv types/control, along with using ebMS for message delivery/receipt - not just WSDL.

An additional bullet point should note that BPEL is suited for internal BP integration to ERP and other systems - while ebBP is focused more on external collaboration patterns.

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ebxml-bp] Reminders and Updates on ebBP
From: "Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, February 05, 2007 9:32 pm
To: ebXML BP <ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org>

Everyone,

On RDDL: In our last call we briefly discussed RDDL and the response
from OASIS with respect to ebBP. Here is the RDDL example from WS-TX as
requested: Example:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/download.php/20191/wstx-wsba-1.1-rddl.htm.

On upcoming OASIS Symposium, everyone is encouraged to comment on the
abstract and to participate in presentation development.

   Our abstract:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/download.php/21544/ebBP-OASIS-Symposium-draft-mm1-121506-2.pdf
   Conference information:
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200610/msg00015.html
   Dates: 15-17 April 2007 in San Diego, CA (symposium itself)

UNIFI brief later this week (8 February 2007)

       Moderator (host):           Matthew Rawlings
       Access Number:            02082393178
       Participant Code:           *6381*

   For context, http://www.iso20022.org/.
   Brief as of 5 February 2007:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22145/ebbp-unifi-feb2007.zip
   Calendar details is at:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=14283

On other promotions, see links:

   New org: www.ebxml.xml.org. (Not yet released)
   Updates on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EbXML
   Link to previous webinar: http://www.ebxml.org/ebxmlpodcasts.htm#process
   See meeting minutes for more details (from last call) attached to 6
   February 2007 calendar event at:

HL7/ISO TC 215
Anyone interested in the Montreal meeting in March 2007, please see Dale
and/or I.

   Link: On HL7, information on Montreal at
   http://sl.infoway-inforoute.ca/content/dispPage.asp?cw_page=infostand_ihisd_isowg1_e
   Dates are 25-29 March 2007.

For v.next (if)
Here are some historical details for work item list with v3 possibilities:

   * Supplements package, v2.0.4, OASIS Standard at:
     http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/download.php/21680/ebxmlbp-v2.0.4-Document-os-Supplements-en.zip
   * Supplements package, v2.0.1, Committee Draft at:
     http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/download.php/13911/ebxmlbp-v2.0.1-Document-cd-Supplements-en.zip
   * Work item list when we began issuing v2.0.x versions and to enter
     Committee Draft cycle [1] at:
     http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/download.php/11350/oasis-ebxmlbp-2.0-spec-wd-comments-020805.xls

On our last call, we discussed, more work on:

  1. Variables
  2. MPC
  3. Eventing [2]
  4. Link to BPDM
  5. Guidance for execution model semantics

Others may include:

  1. Publish and subscribe
  2. Allow for nesting of CollaborationActivity in a ComplexBTA.
  3. Business Service Handler
  4. Further work on alignment with ebMS 3 and CPPA 3

[1] This is where the majority if not all the possible futures are held
and tagged in the .xls.
[2] More on eTSL (Test Assertion Language):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/20789/eTSL-draft-081.pdf
(IIC public link)