Subject: [ebxml-cppa-negot] RE: Duane Nickull's negotiation proposal

Thank you, Marty for posting the proposal. I have reviewed it and have the
following comments.

A brief summary of the proposal:

The proposal outlines how the negotiation interaction between two parties
trying to form
a mutually agreeable CPA would look like. It introduces two new terms, a CPA
Proposer
(for the party initially proposing the CPA) and a CPA Examiner (for the
party  who examines
a proposed CPA). It outlines a methodology for the examination of a proposed
CPA by a CPA
Examiner. It contains (outlines of) proposals  for (a) CPA negotiation
payload (b) CPA
negotiation business processes and (c) production rules for the negotiation
process.

My comments

1. There is good stuff here for adaptation into the requirements document.
For instance, we can use the diagrams on  pages 2 and 3 to make the
requirement document more readable.

2. The terms CPA Proposer and CPA Examiner sound reasonable to me. Other
terms for the latter
could be CPA Reviewer, CPA Proposee(?)

3. It makes sense to review Duane's suggestions in the light of our
requirements document. For instance, we would need to examine how his
proposals for the negotiation business process
would need to be modified/elaborated.

4. It should be emphasized that Duane's document is only a beginning. For
instance, his comments
on production rules for the negotiation process is quite brief and one (for
example, myself) might not agree with the rule stated on lines 244-247.

Best regards,

Kartha