Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Minutes of Mar. 20, 2002 conference call

From: Hayes, Brian
> Some other team could develop the collaborative process for developing
BPSS
> instances... does anyone want to form a BPSS Development Process TC???
:^)

One of the goals of the eBTWG Business Collaboration Patterns
project is to develop a set of common patterns and their
variations.  There are already sets of patterns in UMM
for the service and transaction levels.  We think the next
step is to bake all of the above into templates and
components.  Then for every aspect of a covered business
process (e.g. order-fulfillment-settlement) there will be
a set of choices.  So negotiating the BPSS could be
resolved into a hierarchy of choices from predefined
alternatives, along with some parameters for some
choices (e.g. the transaction parameters).

I think that groundwork needs to be laid before BPSS
negotiation will be practical.  Once it is - not too bad.
It's conceptually in place now for the interaction and
transaction levels, but of course we all know the
difference between "conceptually" and reality.

-Bob Haugen