Subject: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Actual Copy of CPA during Negotiation

In the absence of any comments on Jean's question below, silence means
consent.  The next draft of the specification will state that the most up
to date CPA Template is contained in or referenced by each counter-offer
message. There will be a further opportunity to discuss this matter as part
of the review of the next draft. (later this week).

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 01/22/2003 03:12 PM -----

                      "Jean Zheng"
                      <jzheng@vitria.co        To:       Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, "Monica Martin" <mmartin@certivo.net>
                      m>                       cc:       <ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                               Subject:  Actual Copy of CPA during Negotiation
                      01/07/2003 03:56
                      PM

When editing Negotiation Message section (Chapter 12), there is a question
regarding whether the two parties exchange updated copy of CPAs (CPA
Template) during the negotiation.

When we just started this team, we discussed this topic.  The concensus
then was for the initiating party to send the responding party a complete
CPA Template together with NDD.  Afterwards, throughout the negotiation,
two parties only exchange "delta".  Only at the end when an agreement has
been reached, the final CPA will be exchanged again.

However, what if the responding party "Insert" an element (e.g. add in
another TrustAnchors under SecurityDetails), then during the subsequent
exchange the two parties will be reference to an element that didn't exist
in the initial CPA Template document.  Wouldn't it be better if there is a
physical CPA Template document accompany (or its accessable via URL)?

I realized that this is a bit late to reverse our original assumption, but
i did a quick browse in the current spec, I didn't see any details that are
specifically relying on this assumption.

What does everyone think?  Can we modify this assumption of ours?

Cheers,
Jean