Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Comments on the negotiation spec draft

Here are my responses to your comments. Except for the following, I will
make the change you suggest, unless there is discussion to the contrary
this week.

Suggested work items:  I agree.  Let's discuss at the F2F.

Line 362:  The intent for a virtual NCPA is that there is a default NCPA
that the two Parties can use and that each Party could install the default
NCPA once and reuse it many times. The idea was that the default NCPA could
be defined in the specification, i.e. in Appendix C (and the corresponding
text file). The point of this is to provide a default NCPA so that usually,
Parties can use it to avoid the need to negotiate the NCPA.  Perhaps the
paragraph could be replace by one that says something similar to this
explanation.

Line 366:  Issue to be discussed.

Line 387:  Lines 375-385 have to be discussed as part of the resolution of
lines 387-388.  The intent of lines 375-387 was to suggest a means of
creating a custom NCPA in a way which is simpler than fully negotiating
it.  Maybe a better idea is to delete lines 375-388 and just rely on the
revised lines 360-364.  In other words, a pair of parties can either use
the default NCPA in the spec or they are on their own to create a custom one.

Line 466:  Yes, if everyone agrees, we could simply change lines 466-468 to
a suggestion.  The real question is whether sections 5.3 and 5.4 belongs in
the specification at all since they are only suggested items that are not
being defined by this specification.

Line 545:  The question is whether there are other patterns that should be
added.  If not, I agree to removal of lines 545-546. The first step is to
review all the loose end comments and assign work items.

Line 571:  Yes, this section needs a lot more work.

Line 596:  Here "the negotiation CPA" is a literary device to call
attention to the absurdity of negotiating the negotiation CPA. :-)

Line 600: This is part of the general question of what else has to be added
to make this section adequate.

Line 638:  I believe the issue is that the packaging area in the NCPA is
not complete.  To be discussed.

Line 642:  The question is whether we can leave out all the loose end
comments and still have an implementable specification.  I think that the
team needs to come to a consensus about each item (OK as is, defer to
version 2, complete the work now).

Line 669: I hope that someone will accept this task this week.

Line 684:  I agree.

Line 763:  See answer to line 642.

Line 771:  to be discussed.

Line 786:  Can we defer to version 2 or do we need to do this work?

Line 861-862:  They are corrections to misspellings of cpaid.

Line 868:  I agree if no one has a different view.

Line 891:  I am not sure what this comment refers to. I assume it refers to
the preceding paragraph. We have to discuss.

Lines 1126, 1130:  to be discussed.

Lines 1147-1555:  Jean, please review these comments.

Line 1734:  The answer is that the presence of the CPA Signature element is
negotiated. This has to be able to be indicated in the NDD. A reference to
section 10.8 could be added here.  Does the NDD cover this item?

1744-1751:  Yes, this is an elaboration of the preceding paragraph.  I will
review to eliminate unnecessary redundancy.

Line 1803:  I agree but I am not sure there is a consensus.  To be discussed.

Lines 1812-2032:  Hima has submitted some initial comments on this material.

Line 3869:  This line is <tp:AcceptedItem, identifying an accepted item
that is no longer open.  Jean, please comment.

Regards,
Marty