Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Future document

> 1.2 Which BPSS Instance Document? Are you talking about the
> Negotiation BPSS Instance document or the BPSS which are in the
> parties CPP? I assume you are talking about the Negotiation Business
> Process otherwise  if a CPA can have more than one CollaborationRole
> per PartyInfo you might deal with more than one BPSS.
>
> MWS:  Yes, it's the BPSS in the Parties' CPPs.  The Negotiation BPSS
> instance document can't be negotiated.  It defines the negotiation
> protocol itself.

mm1: Is this an item that should be addressed in collaboration with ebBP
sometime in the future in v2?

> 1.3 I thought that once you agree on an element you cannot change your
> mind again might be a problem. Especially in case of interdependencies
> (use case necessary in the way of if both parties do not talk about a
> SecureTransport they cannot change the
> BusinessTransactionCharacteristics
> (isConfidentail,isAuthenticated,isTamperProof or
> isNonRepduationRequired) attribute which asks for a SecureTransport
> element). On the other hand this could be good as one party then is
> assured, that once value is set it is set. Otherwise you might end up
> in a loop, like in a game where both players repeat the same move
> again and again because they think thats the only way to go.
>
> Might be difficult to provide a fair list which elements you allow to
> renegotiate.
>
> MWS: You are exactly right.  That's why we now say "no going back".  I
> will add your comments to the futures document.

mm1: This brings up the point if they negotiate items that are in
conflict with the assumptions in the BPSS instance document (for
example, message level assumptions that may conflict with the business
level definitions). I understand that CPP/A can override BPSS defined
parameters, but what of the business agreement. Is this a potential work
item for ebBP or between ebBP and CPPA (team and negotiation team)?
Maybe I am misinterpreting?