Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] ebXML CPPA Teleconference Notes May 14 2004

Dale,

Regarding why there is only one schema for CPP and CPA, you are the only
one present who would have been able to recollect fare enough back.

My recollection goes like this:  IBM initially proposed a CPA (tpaML).
Chris Ferris recognized that expressing the CPA as a composition of two
parties' profiles (CPP) had lots of benefits. Everyone agreed that a single
schema for CPP and CPA worked and there was no need for separate schemas.

I believe that the initial decision holds very well. Two schemas provides
unlimited opportunity for inconsistencies.  We have very few special cases
caused by the single schema.

Regards,
Marty

At 11:37 AM 5/14/2004, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Here are notes concerning Friday's teleconference.
>
>Our next teleconference will be May 28.
>
>Thanks
>Dale Moberg
>  <<ebXML CPPA Teleconference Notes May 14 2004.doc>>
>
>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
>the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-cppa/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Martin Sachs
standards architect