Subject: Maintenance version 2.1 updates pertaining to ActionContext updates for BPSS 2.0 alignment.

  1. ServiceBinding cardinality (within CollaborationRole) changed to unbounded because with new BPSS 2.0 conventions, several services can be in one ProcessSpecification and can share a common Role value.
  2. Service is updated to allow a simple xlink to point to a Collaboration using a fragment identifier in the href. (We agreed to reconsider the dependency on xlink in version 3. So far we only used simple xlinks, so xlink is really overkill.) Both these new attributes will be optional and documentation will state that they need to be used with BPSS 2.* versions.
  3. ActionContext2 added to the ActionContextBaseType based substitution class. Differs from ActionContext by omitting binaryCollaboration context. This is no longer needed because the Service value points to the toplevel BusinessCollaboration, BinaryCollaboration and MultipartyCollaboration and provides the scope for the action (still a Requesting or Responding BusinessActivity)

An additional change for the datatype of the timeToPerform attribute. BPSS 2.0 allows this to be set “dynamically”  This means that each message can contain a different value for timeToPerform. Here is one way to allow the previous system of a CPA configured fixed value for timeToPerform and a BPSS flexible value by changing to type durationFixedOrVariable [I need to test this on some common tools to see that it works OK.]

<xsd:simpleType name="durationFixedOrVariable">

        <xsd:union>

            <xsd:simpleType>

             <xsd:restriction base="xsd:duration">

                <xsd:maxInclusive value="P1000Y"></xsd:maxInclusive>

             </xsd:restriction>

            </xsd:simpleType>

            <xsd:simpleType>

             <xsd:restriction base="xsd:NMTOKEN">