Subject: cppa 12/1/2006

Today in the CPP/A call, we discussed the potential impact of the
ComplexBTA on the current CPP/A and handling particularly of
CollaborationRole. As indicated here are some areas to consider in our
evaluation:

   1. ComplexBTA in ebBP is for visibility not multiparty collaboration.
      This may affect monitoring.
   2. Different BTA exist for the ComplexBTA and any BTA(s) within it.
      Note, that any BTA within the ComplexBTA may include a Party not
      part of the two described in PartyInfo. For example, if a Buyer
      and Seller have a relationship in this ComplexBTA. The Seller
      queries a Credit Agency to determine the fiduciary stability of
      the Buyer. This check could be an input to or part of a decision
      for engaging in any relationship by the Seller with the Buyer in
      the future.  This is for status visibility, not multimultiplarty
      collaboration.   The Buyer has no visibility to the Seller query
      of the Credit Agency. The Credit Agency is not one of the 2
      parties included in this CPA but may exist in another CPA. [1]
   3. Since typically the CPA handles Service, Action, ActionContext and
      Requesting or Responding roles with a degree of separation, there
      is flexibility in handling ComplexBTA. However, the Responder may
      become a Requester in the BTA within the ComplexBTA (and multiple
      nestings may apply).
   4. We've not discussed how this nesting affects ebMS.

[1] It would be a topic for ebBP and CPP/A teams to discuss if the same
ebBP process definition and CPA were used but status visibility is
maintained (likely handled by tools).