Subject: [ebxml-iic] next call Feb 10

Title: next call Feb 10

All:

minutes attached,

+ <<IIC_Feb_03_03_minutes.txt>> reminder for:

Host: Fujitsu
Time: February 10 Monday, 10am PT
Toll free: 1-877-801-2058
Intl Number:1-712-257-6652
Passcode: 309951

Agenda:

1. Review / Comments on Deployment Template (Pete Wenzel) and
the EAN instance (Thomas Bikeev) .
- latest update,
as well as the EAN guideline (an instance of the template).
It will need review before being voted (tentatively 2 weeks after) as a Committee spec.

2. Status and review of the MS Basic Interoperability test suite,
proposed updates (V0.8, editor: Steve Yung).
Pending:
- CPA: do we need to distinguish, in some cases, between party A and party B?
Still TBD (e.g. in  test cases, we only test signature, acks, from one side
typically. Other side will be tested when test suite is run from the other party.)
 Idea is that
- do we agree to remove the testcase 1.5 (signed message with *embedded* key info)
in this "basic" interop suite?
- should we do payload verification on test driver side, or on the remote side.
- also do we agree with the way we relate to 3rd party interop testing efforts
(section 1.2.3)

3. TestFramework, and implementation talks:
- Mike Kass (if he is back), will present TestFramework (V0.93), remaining
sensitive points.
- Matt proposed a cooperation on development, possibly targeting open source status
e.g. FreebXML).

4. Next f-2-f: proposal to meet in San Diego, some time between March 10-14,
same location as UN/CEFACT meeting (and ebMS TC meeting?).

Minutes of IIC February 3, 2003
------------------------------

Call info:
---------

Host: CycloneCommerce (Jeff Turpin)
Time: Monday Feb 3rd., 10AM Pacific, 1PM East coast, etc.
US: 1-866-257-0472
International: 720.587.0509

Minute taker: Jacques Durand

Present
--------

Jeff Eck (GXS)
Jaques Durand (Fujitsu)
Monica Martin (Sun)
Jeff Turpin (Cyclone Commerce)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond)
Steve Yung (Sun)
Matthew MacKenzie, (XMLG)
Hatem El-Sebaaly (IPNetSolutions)
Himagiri Mukkamala, (Sybase)
Aaron Gomez (DGI)
Thomas Bikeev (EAN)
Eric Van Lydegraf, (Kinzan)

(Mike Kass, Mike Dillon  excused)

Agenda:
-------

Agenda:

1. Review / Comments on Deployment Template (Pete Wenzel) and
the EAN instance (Thomas Bikeev) .
The Deployment template (uncommented) is available in our "documents list" on our site,
as well as the EAN guideline (an instance of the template).
It will need review before being voted (tentatively 2 weeks after) as a Committee spec.

2. Status and review of the MS Basic Interoperability test suite, proposed updates
(editor: Steve Yung).
The latest version (V0.8) is posted on our site. There are a few things to discuss
before finalizing the draft for review (I have tried to summarize in
a previous email on iic-interop mail list):
(1)  do we need to have the testcase 1.5 (signed message with *embedded* key info)
in this "basic" interop suite,
(2) CPA data is not detailed enough (should be more specific to each party)
(3) should we do payload verification on test driver side, or on the remote side.

3. Feedbacks on TestFramework spec:
NOTE: Mike Kass on vacation, we will not discuss in depth the TestFramework (V0.93),
but feedbacks welcome, as it is the foundation for our test suites.

4. External initiatives, (OAG/NIST testbed...) how we relate to external interoperability
testing initiatives (DGI-UCC, ECOM, eBES) and PR aspects we have to take care of (JMT) (Monica)

Minutes:
--------

1. MS Deployment templates (Pete, Thomas)

- Peter will update base on comments (Dick Brooks, Jacques), Spelling,
service/value pair, and other minor.
- On EAN instance: some template items that are normally important for
interoperability, are left with "no recommendation" values (e.g. Security/sigs)
Might be that a"pending" value is more appropriate if the feature is still
undecided but will be. (less misleading than "no recomm." which suggests that
anything goes, even in future). Thomas will ask EAN.
- Monica mentioned UN/CEFACT interested in template.
- The next update of both docs should be final for their first version,
ideally for vote as TC spec on Feb 17.

2. Status of MS Interop spec: (Steve, Jacques)

- Steve will review the CPA data sets: current CPA values are likely
not sufficient for test cases (no distinction between each party).
Should a subset of the CPA doc been used? (e.g. like "mini CPA" that
concerns only the messaging). Will propose an update before next meeting.
- Still to be decided: removing test case 1.5 which is not mainstream for
a basic interop suite. Jeff Turpin (who initially proposed these two test cases)
agreed that 1.5 can largely be verified in a conformance set-up.
(we favor doing as much as possible in conformance suites, which is less
costly to operate than interop suites, in terms of logistics, etc.)
- also: payload verification on receiver side, for at least 1 test case:
(e.g. 1.2) to be decided.
- test scripts: Mike should be back just in time to give us status on these...

3. Test Framework spec (Mike)

- Mike has consolidated latest comments: sent out version 0.93,
currently posted on Web site, for review.
- what is still missing:
	o a base CPA
	o some examples.
- Implementation discussions: Matt suggests there should be a joint effort NIST +
others, as its hard for a single company to commit to develop this.
NIST has started developing, yet there are components that can be co-developed:
test service, test driver. Suggested that it should be done under open source
(e.g. freebXML).
- TestFramework should be used next for Registry test suites, that would validate
its general purpose (beyond ebMS).

4. External initiatives (Monica).

- ECOM completed an interop testing round this quarter. Interested in
submitting to ISO.
- Registry: to test next, would validate use of ebMS + Reg, in framework.
- EPA considering using Registry + BPSS + ebMS.
- OAG/NIST testbed team meets Feb 11-15 in San Jose, will be talks and a short
presentation for leveraging the conformance/interop testing capability
of the testbed.
- eBES asks us to review a press release to promote ebXML in Europe,
along with their testing initiative.