Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Groups - Multi-hop Section Draft 0.8 (ebMS3-Multihop V08-JD.doc) uploaded

Jacques,

as mentioned during the call last week I think the solution as
described in the current proposal requires behaviour from pulling
endpoint different than specified in the Core V3. In an earlier
document I posted (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-msg/download.php/28471/ebMS-lastpull-v1.doc
) I tried to show the problem is that the pulling endpoint will try to
initiate the reliable exchange in both ways by sending a
CreateSequence that includes an sequence offer. This offer however
conflicts with the CreateSequence that is already sent by the
initiating endpoint and is now waiting on the intermediary to be
delivered.

The option I showed in the earlier document tries to stay close to the
Core V3 behaviour on behalf of the endpoint, but it has some issues
because of undefined behaviour. The scenario from the current proposal
doesn't differ to much from the one I described, it only seems to
leave out the reliable sequence for sending PullRequest messages. This
means there is no reliablity available for these messages, question is
if this is acceptable? If yes, should we alter the Core spec
accordingly and remove it there as well (otherwise multihop and
point-2-point seem inconsistent)?

Regards,

Sander