egov-registry message

Subject: Re: [egov-registry] RE: Potential impact of registry project on schema guidelines

Ann et al :

I placed in the document a schema encouragement to 'Use of ISO 11179
conventions' as a reference-point (segway) for a later [currently in
production] 'encouragement' to use the Core Components approach (to naming
& classification) - which heavily encourages the use of  ISO 11179 .

Hopefully, we can resolve this possible mis-match ..  any suggestions ?

carl

<quote who="Paul Spencer">
> I agree. This was written by Carl Mattocks, based on the US Federal
> Guidelines. There are two other sections that I also don't think relate to
> the design of a registry, but rather to its use. I did not want to delete
> any of Carl's document without discussion, so I added that these sections
> are advisory only. It certainly does not affect the registry design.
> Thanks
> for starting the discussion.
>
> My own view is that these sections would belong in an eGov Naming and
> Design
> Rules document, rather than in a document relating to the registry.
>
> I have copied this to Carl and to the mailing list so that others have a
> chance to join in.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul

Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums