egov-services message

Subject: [egov-services] eGov Services SC-- summary teleconference 3/7/03

As promised a summary of discussion from this morning's conference call.

Decisions:

1. March 11th Tuesday  10am - noon   SC face to face with conference call participation

location of meeting:
Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys
600 E Street. NW
Washington, DC

DIRECTIONS.  The nearest Metro stations are Archives-Navy Memorial on the Yellow/Green Line; Judiciary Square on the Red Line.  It is the Red brick building located middle of block on E Street, NW building is between 7th and 6th streets.  If you are driving, there is no parking available in the building.  You must use one of several commercial parking garages nearby (However, they do tend to fill up during the day).  Please arrive with government-issued identification credentials.    i will meet you at 9:50am EST in the lobby of the building.

my phone number is 202-353-8514.... diane lewis case management staff 7th floor

Agenda 3/11 am

2. March 12th SC meeting 1-5pm EST
Agenda:    Roll Call
		Vote on charter
		specify strategy for developing deliverables
		continue and conclude health service discussion
		KAVI discussion: how to collaborate over the life of the SC productively

3. Final draft charter for vote march 12th

The purpose of the eGov Services subcommittee is to identify and map proposed government services functions and data with technical standards from an integrated service delivery perspective.  The resulting mappings will show the information or services integrated according to function or topic.

Goals:  (what do we want to accomplish?)

>Identify universal needs regarding standardization of information objects and data elements within the context for service delivery and information exchanges between citizen, business and public entities.

>Formulate a reusable methodology to survey public service forms, documents and processes (data needs) and identify corresponding public domain standards.

>Formulate a reusable methodology for defining standards for public domain data that is universal.

>Achieve a minimum level of consensus on priorities in order to coordinate work done in many different organizations in order to share knowledge as well as data definitions.

4.  Deliverables: (purpose and content of each identified deliverable)
 for vote march 12th

List of completed standards that directly support the delivery of services related to governance(e.g. Government to Citizen, Government to Business and Government to Government)without modification.

List of standards that require modifications to support the delivery of services related to governance.

List of proposed areas for standards development to support the universal delivery of services related to governance.

5. Decided approach:  phased approach... top - down analysis of government delivered services
start with the vertical domain of Health  and break out the universal government related services or components... with information exchange focus rather than the implementation.

cheers diane