Subject: My slip-up and an update

My apologies to TC members; I thought the monthly meeting was
scheduled for Tuesday March 25th, when in fact it was meant to
be on March 18th.

Here is an update on what's been happening around EKMI:

1) The vote on the creation of a subcommittee to select a Flash
    developer and create a demo clip on EKMI passed; (see
    http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ekmi/ballot.php?id=1426)
    I will have OASIS setup an e-mail list of the subcomittee
    members to start the work (probably after the RSA show in
    early April);

2) I received some information from Mary McRae that the TC needs
    to write a formal Specification document for SKSML - the XSD
    isn't sufficient :-(.

    I am happy to start the writing work on this, but I will need
    some support for a formal Editor and some Reviewers.  May I
    request some volunteers from interested TC members?  There is
    a checklist of what needs to be done at this URL:
    http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/QAChecklist.html

    My goal is to try to get a Spec created in time for a May or
    June TC vote.

3) The first ever Key Management Summit is being held by the IEEE
    in Baltimore on September 23/24 in conjunction with the Mass
    Storage Systems & Technologies (MSST) 2008 conference.

    We have been given a slot to present EKMI based on the
    preliminary agenda at http://www.keymanagementsummit.com/2008/.
    This will be the first time the IEEE, OASIS and IETF protocols
    will be discussed in one forum.

4) An OASIS Security Forum, has been tentatively planned for the
    last week of September in London, UK.  It will have the support
    of the OASIS IDtrust Member Section (of which the EKMI TC is a
    part).  All of OASIS security-related protocols - including some
    new ones that are spinning up this Spring/Summer - will be
    highlighted at this forum.  I would encourage either you, or
    your European colleagues, to consider attending this event.

That's all I have for now.  I will do better and stay on top of the
April 15th TC meeting.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.