Subject: Groups - SKSML-DRAFT7 Specification, XSD and sample instances (ZIP) (sksml-draft7.zip) uploaded

Hi folks,

My apologies for taking some time to finish this, but there were far more
ripple effects with the inclusion of support for asynchronous messaging and
the Standard Error Codes.  However, the Public Review 02 Specification is
complete.

Here is a synopsis of the changes:

This version includes the following changes:

01) Created the SymkeyWorkInProgressType to support asynchronous requests
    and responses between SKCLs and SKS servers.  While the SKSML request

    will still be enclosed in a SOAP element with a digital signature, the

    request may now be sent over other protocols besides HTTP (such as
    SMTP).

02) Created a SymkeyRequestID element and SymkeyRequestIDType to allow
the
    client and server to track an asynchronous request and response.

03) Created the RequestCheckIntervalType to allows the SKS server to tell
    clients how frequently they may poll a server on a work-in-progress
    request.

04) Modified SymkeyType to include the SymkeyRequestID element to
correlate
    symkey responses with requests on the client side.

05) Modified SymekyError to include the SymkeyRequestID element to
    correlate errors with requests on the client side.

06) Added SKMS Standard Error Codes & Messages in Appendix C.

07) Added the Vendor Process for requesting a reserved block of SKMS Error
Codes in Appendix D.

Please review these changes.  I am submitting a ballot for the TC to submit
this for Public Review.  We are required to do this for 15 days given that
we have made changes to the protocol.  The TC will have approximately 3
weeks (1 week for ballot + 2 weeks for PR2) to get comments back on these
changes.  However, I would encourage you to submit feedback as early as
possible.

Once we are complete with PR2 and have addressed any comments at that time,
we will be at the penultimate step of the standards vote.

Thanks for your patience.

 -- Arshad Noor*

The document named SKSML-DRAFT7 Specification, XSD and sample instances
(ZIP)  (sksml-draft7.zip) has been submitted by Arshad Noor* to the OASIS
Enterprise Key Management Infrastructure (EKMI) Technical Committee
document repository.

Document Description:
DRAFT 7 of the SKSML 1.0 Specification (Public Review 02), the EKMI XML
Schema Definition and sample schema instances.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=29914

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29914/sksml-draft7.zip