Subject: EKMI Monthly Meeting Minutes - April 21, 2009

EKMI TC Monthly Meeting - April 21, 2009

1. Rollcall

Voting Members:
Mardikar, Upendra - PayPal
Gustavsson, Tomas - PrimeKey
Saldhana, Anil - RedHat

Observers:
Ball, Matthew - Sun

Quorum was achieved (3/4 voting members) since there are so few voting members in the TC.

2. Introduction of the new co-chairs

A very short introduction by Anil as the new co-chair of the EKMI group. We will delegate
Tim's introduction to next meeting.

3. Oasis Workshop at the European Identity Conference, Munich

* Anil is moderating a panel on key management at the Oasis Workshop at the European Identity Conference in Munich.
* Upendra will attend the Oasis workshop at the European Identity Conference, Munich.
* Upendra is presenting a paper at the conference.
* The Oasis workshop is a full day workshop on friday. Anil will talk on EKMI at the workshop.
* Anil asked if Upendra could be on the panel at 10 in the morning, and Upendra accepted.

4. Storyboard from Flash Demo Contractor.

The TC had voted before the old chair resigned. The agency wants 3500 dollars for the work. We need
to discuss the contents of the flash demo and decide on it so they can start. The TC agreed to
discuss it on the mailing list.

5. TC secretary

Anil proposed that Tomas Gustavsson becomes the secretary of the TC. Upendra seconded the proposal,
so it was decided.

6. Mobile EKMI subcommittee Update

* Upendra gave an update on the mobile subgroup. Some off line discussions have taken place from other
possible interested parties. They are keen to see the results of EKMI. No action items have been
taken due to business trip and changes to the TC.
* Next step is to write some use cases for mobile devices. June end is the potential deadline to finish the use cases.
A strategy is to start with the use cases and scale down SKSML to fit mobile devices. Anil and
Upendra will discuss it meeting in Munich.
* Anders Rundgren of PrimeKey has volunteered to give some input to mobile but will currently not join
the TC.

7. Audit Guidelines subcommittee Update

Ken was not available so this point was deferred.

8. Other business

A short discussion about the KMIP TC that has a call on friday. EKMI will learn more about it and
discuss about synergies etc.

A short discussion it a standardized client API is a good idea.
SKSML is currently a committee spec, so a discussion took place what is needed to make it a
standard. We need to check if sponsoring members need to implement the standard before endorsing it
to a standard. If so maybe we should add a few things to the spec which we have gathered on the wiki
todo list.