Subject: Re: [ekmi] WSDL files for the SOAP Binding

Hi Anil,

Anil Saldhana schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,
>   implementers are discouraged from updating the spec artifacts such as
> schemas. Toward this, if we include a WSDL as part of the specification
> similar to schema, I think the requirement is that implementers should
> not need to make changes.

that is why I left lurking mode, I mean the "... include a WSDL as part
of the specification similar to schema ..." ;-)

In the DSS-X TC (where I have the pleisure to serve as co-chair) we see
the offering of a WSDL-file more as kind of a supportive service.

I personally think, that someone setting up a WSDL file for a service,
often has very specific needs, adding this and that, at least
"localizing" it.

The nice thing about "example.com"-ing the location attribute of the
WSDL soap:address element is, that it is as clear as possible in stating
the necessity, to fill something sensefull in.

> The only place where we cannot have anything generic is the location of
> the soap address. So an implementer has to make changes.  Maybe we can
> use the "example.com" url and mention in the spec that the implementer
> is free to change that url.
>
> Again, this brings up another question. If the implementer wants to add
> more information to the wsdl such as ws-policy etc, then ....

Never the less, a useful supporting document/template ... only, a bit
less read-only when compared to the schema.

All the best,
Stefan Drees.