election-services-comment message

Subject: RE: [election-services-comment] EMLv6-PR2 comments: Support for interoperable auditing still lacking

Neal

Thank you for your comments.  My committee will consider them later this week and we will let you know how we propose to proceed.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS E&VS Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745

Skype:  gov3john

From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: 25 July 2010 04:46
To: Neal McBurnett
Cc: election-services-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Neal,

EML 530 is completely customizable with type code values of your own choosing.  I suspect what you desire can be provided as "profiles" of prescribed code types.

This would follow the same notes you make below for the 520.  Since these are all external to the schema - this would be covered by a USA localization guidelines for implementers.

Per comment 1) - the use you are suggesting is also such a guideline - I'm not sure the XML element needs to be renamed as such.

Per comment 2) - alternate name for candidates - I believe this is already there - the name element type can be set to "Alternate" - in xNL type.

Similarly comments 3 thru 5 also constitutes localization guidelines.   I believe this is what we are seeing the P1622 will move to publish in coordination with NIST and OASIS.

I would suggest we can simply begin drafting an initial "how to" document along those lines.

Thanks, DW