Subject: [election-services] FW: Customer Information Standards

Dear All
Please see the exchange below and the TC Committee website for CIQ.  Could
you review the work and output of this TC and let me have your views on its
appropriateness for us.  I will then co-ordinate a reply to Ram Kumar which
should in turn set the agenda for our possible meeting with him in Florida.

From: Borras John - e-Envoy e-Government -
Sent: 22 October 2001 08:17
To: 'rkumar@msi.com.au'
Subject: RE: Customer Information Standards

Ram
Anwar has asked me to deal with your request about collaborating as I look
after our XML work here in UK and am also co-ordinating most of the work of
the EML TC.

We should clearly attempt to work together within both TCs as customer
details are paramount to our work.  I'll point our committees members to
your website and we'll come back to you with our views on how it fits into
our thinking.

We have our own standards for names and address here in UK and are
developing XML schemas to support those standards.  It will be interesting
to see how they fit with your standards.

We have provisionally set a meeting of our committee in Florida to coincide
with the XML 2001 conference but I'm not sure how many members will want to
make the trip given the current situation.  I've put some feelers out and
we'll make a decision in the next couple of weeks.  Anwar cannot make it but
if the others feel OK then I will make the trip and represent him there.
Will you be definitely going?  If so shall we make some provisional
arrangements for meeting up.  I would prefer to have the meeting on
Wednesday or Thursday of that week.  How does that suit you?

Regards,