Subject: [election-services] FW: Voting System Standards

From: Margaret Sims [mailto:psims@fec.gov]
Sent: 13 December 2001 22:17
To: jcvillar@indra.es; naoki@seiji-koho.co.jp; lita@stii.dost.gov.ph;
gv@trace.wisc.edu; JRyan@asq.org; dmulligan@law.berkeley.edu;
sda@mit.edu; e.rashba@ieee.org; mgebhar@siue.edu; jade000@email.msn.com;
stan.hutchings@lmco.com; wham@peganet.com; cloudburst@prodigy.com;
enki@goes.com; qpc_dcc@email.msn.com; gburdett@spectracomcorp.com;
phudock@aol.com; r.n.smith@cableaz.com; ncbvp@aol.com; vote@aapd-dc.org;
kay@sso.org; reynolds@sso.org; susan.frederick@ncsl.org
Subject: Voting System Standards

Dear Interested Person:

The Commission voted this morning to release the latest version of the
Voting
System Standards for public comment.  This version includes both Volume I -
Performance Standards and Volume II - Test Standards.  This is the second
release for Volume I.  (We revised Volume I after reviewing comments
received in
response to the first release during the summer.)  It is the first time we
have
released Volume II to the public.  You may view the documents now, in pdf
and
html, on the Federal Election Commission's web page at
http://www.fec.gov/pages/vss/vss.html.  We will post Microsoft Word versions
next week.

The comment deadline is February 1, 2002.  We have a shorter comment period
because it is the second time around for Volume I and because we hope to
have
the next version of the standards published no later than April 2002.  Once
again, a Federal Register notice includes the instructions for submitting
your
comments.  A copy of this notice is on our web page.  Please note that if
you
want to send your comments by email, we encourage you to send them to
vss@fec.gov.  If you provide attachments to your emailed comments, please
provide them in Microsoft Word.  Also, please let us know if you would be
willing to present your comments in-person to the Commission.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely yours,
Peggy Sims
Office of Election Administration
Federal Election Commission

This email has been scanned for viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan service.

For further details, please see
http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/gncnotices/gncinformationnotice5_2001.pdf, or
contact your departmental help desk.

The Message Labs trial has been extended until further notice.

In case of problems, please call your organisations IT helpdesk.

The Cabinet Office's computer systems may be monitored and communications
carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system
and for other lawful purposes.