Subject: adding voting technology to EML...

Hello, I'd like to extend EML to incorporate the notion of
vote-casting technology.

For example, let's say a jurisdiction's tabulation headquarters
receives election information about a variety of voting technologies
used in sub-jurisdictions.  I don't think I could encode this
information using the current version of EML (to encompass technology
characteristics from software components, hardware components,
certification/testing/evaluation information).

Of course, I could extend a few of the types/structures to do this.=20
But this seems like something that should be explicitly in EML, no?=20
(Here is a stab I took a while back at a faceted hierarchy for voting
systems: <http://josephhall.org/brahms/figs/voting_hierarchy.jpg> )

(And since I'm new to this TC, I might have missed where this is done
in the current version.)

Any thoughts, criticisms, ideas or pointers will be greatly
appreciated. best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
PhD Student