Subject: RE: [election-services] Referendum items - 410 / 510 handling of these

John,

I don't want to alarm anyone - but I just noticed that while the ballotchoices in the 410/340 et al has the referendum item identifier element - unfortunately it does not appear this is defined anywhere - such as in the 210 candidates or 630 proposals...

Ooops.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious here - but if we do not define the referendum item Id outside of the 410 - then we need a referendum item description, etc, inside of the 410...  Perhaps the answer is a 215 for defining referendum items exactly - because I'm seeing they can occur across ballots depending on the precinct location and so on.   Also - we will want localization support by language for the questions as well?

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [election-services] Referendum items - 410 / 510 handling
of these
From: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, May 08, 2007 11:00 am
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>,  Paul Spencer
<paul.spencer@boynings.co.uk>
Cc: election-services@lists.oasis-open.org

David - The referendum handling we have is based very much on the Swiss requirements which is by far and away the most complex that we came across.  So I'd be reluctant to change anything without a serious examination.

Paul - how's your memory?   Why did we do it the way we have?  I know we got the full documentation etc from Swiss folks and our analysis of that lead us to the current method.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745