Subject: Successful EML InterOp Demo at OASIS Open Standards Forum in UK

Members of the OASIS Election & Voter Services TC,

It is my distinct pleasure to congratulate you on a successful demonstration
of the interoperability of the EML v5 Committee Specification (soon to be
OASIS Standard) held at the OASIS Open Standards Forum in UK earlier this
week.  Attached are the updated slides John presented on 30 Oct, with added
graphs of the balloting results.

I especially want to acknowledge the effort put forward by those
organizations and their staff who contributed to the EML InterOp Demo:
	- Election Systems And Software
	- Everyone Counts
	- IBM
	- Nedap Election Systems
	- Opt2Vote
	- Oracle

This activity of your committee added to the breadth of the OASIS Forum and
enabled a number of attendees from government administration to witness the
value of interoperability of software solutions when implementing an open
standard, such as EML.

We (OASIS Staff) look forward to working with you in your plans for another
EML InterOp event in the US in 2008.  Please let OASIS Staff know how we can
be of further support in promoting the adoption of EML to a global
community.

Best regards,

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO