Subject: RE: [election-services] Open letter in response to electronic voting articles in the October Communications of the ACM journal (Volume 51 No.10 10/08)

David,

That is more than a letter. You should ask them to publish it as an article. It could promote a great deal of valuable discussion.

Regards

Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: 13 October 2008 16:15
Cc: eml

Moshe,

Attached is an open letter in response to the various views covered in the current issue of the Communications of the ACM Journal around "Clean Elections".

I realize that the letter is probably somewhat long and can only be possibly excerpted for your next edition - however these are important and critical topics that are difficult to abbreviate.

Appreciate your considerations to the points I am raising.

I am copying here the OASIS EML Technical Committee also - as I make much reference to their work in the responses.

My thanks for your raising public awareness of these issues by taking time to air them in the ACM Journal.

David Webber

Senior Member, ACM.

Reference: October Communications of the ACM journal (Volume 51 No.10 10/08)
http://mags.acm.org/communications/200810/?CFID=5384174&CFTOKEN=38021074