Subject: RE: [election-services] Wikipedia

Paul

Thanks for drawing this to our attention.  It hadn't occurred to me that we would have an entry and I don't know who put it there.   I'll take a closer look and add some more detail.

Where else - good question?  After this revelation then anywhere goes I suppose.  Suggestions welcomed.

John

From: Paul Spencer [paul.spencer@boynings.co.uk]
Sent: 29 July 2009 19:38
To: eml
Subject: [election-services] Wikipedia

This is the extent of the current Wikipedia entry:

The Election Markup Language (EML) is an OASIS standard for "the structured interchange among hardware, software, and service providers who engage in any aspect of providing election or voter services to public or private organizations"[1]

Dr. Ron Rivest, renowned computer scientist and member of the Technical Guidelines Development Committee of the Election Assistance Commission was quoted as saying "EML is an example of the kind of consensus-based, publicly available common format that enables the exchange of electronic records between different components in election systems."[2]

Did anyone here write that? Should we add some more, such as where it is being used? Are there other places we should put similar information?

Paul.