Subject: [FWD: [emergency] Groups - Draft Requirements for the OASIS "Where" GMLprofile (2009 September OASIS where GML profile requirements.doc) uploaded]

Team,

Notes from your technical editor - see link below - this relates to the new EML 150 Geospatial district and polling place schema.

Just FYI - this related OASIS work is in progress.  The timing looks good for us - because if we choose to follow this work - then we can do so following our own upcoming public comment period on our current draft specification.

The current situation is that I included verbatum the GML as per OASIS EDXL schema into EML 150.  So we are following their lead.  If they make changes to accommodate GML 3.2.x as opposed to 3.1.1 currently then we can make the same changes.

What are the impacts?  Right now the biggest value add for us - other than alignment and consistency - is possible ability to describe polling place locations in better detail - including actual floor plans of the building - and ground orientation, entrances and exits and altitude.  Obviously for emergency services responding - this information can be critical.  Since alot of polling places also double as emergency response centers - there is obviously the ability to share data across government services.  And generally I think having emergency response information capability for polling locations is a plus for us also - say for example a voter has a life threatening medical emergency while voting - then services can potentially reach them quicker and more reliably.

Anyway - I will continue to track the EM GML work - and advise once they have concrete schema recommendations forthcoming.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [emergency] Groups - Draft Requirements for the OASIS "Where"
GML profile (2009 September OASIS where GML profile requirements.doc)
uploaded
From: creed@opengeospatial.org
Date: Mon, September 14, 2009 7:43 pm
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Requirements for the OASIS "Where" GML profile uploaded.

-- Dr Carl Reed

The document named Draft Requirements for the OASIS "Where" GML profile
(2009 September OASIS where GML profile requirements.doc) has been
submitted by Dr Carl Reed to the OASIS Emergency Management TC document
repository.

Document Description:
This document captures a set of requirements for the OASIS where GML
profile. These requirements based on comments received during a public
comment period as well as additional requirements identified as part of the
CAP profiling activity and EDXL-xx discussions.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=34203

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34203/2009%20September%20OASIS%20where%20GML%20profile%20requirements.doc

PLEASE NOTE: If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to copy and paste

-OASIS Open Administration