Subject: FW: [election-services] Groups - Ballot closed: "EML v7 - Motion to request TC-Admin to conduct a Special Majority Ballot for Committee Specification approval."

Neal

As you will see the motion has passed but I do want to respond to your comment.  As I said on the recent IEEE/P1622 call I see no reason to remove the new hash-related attributes of the URL element.  They are optional and therefore are available for use should anyone chose to do so, and EML being a global specification the chances are that someone somewhere will want to use that approach.  For P1662 it should not cause a problem or an overhead because they can just ignore them.  Many of the EML elements are optional and some may never or seldom be used.  Indeed some of the schemas may never or seldom be used.  That doesn’t invalidate EML in my opinion, it gives it added strength by making it more flexible for future users.

On the basis of the outcome of this ballot I intend to proceed and ask TC-Admin to run the formal ballot to approve v7.0 as  a Committee Specification.  Obviously you and the other committee members will have the chance to reflect on this further when casting the votes in that ballot.  If the outcome is rejection then we will have to prepare a new draft of v7.0 and go through the whole approval cycle again, including a Public Review, to get us back to this point again.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS E&VS Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745

Skype:  gov3john

From: workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of tc_admin@oasis-open.org
Sent: 30 September 2011 14:01
To: johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk

"EML v7 - Motion to request TC-Admin to conduct a Special Majority Ballot for Committee Specification approval." has closed.

Ballot Title: EML v7 - Motion to request TC-Admin to conduct a Special Majority Ballot for Committee Specification approval.

Question
Do you approve the motion to request TC-Admin to conduct a Special Majority Ballot to approve EML Specification CSPRD01 which the TC approved on 4 July 2011 as a Committee Specification?

Description
Only Committee Specification Public Review Drafts can be approved as Committee Specifications. A Special Majority Ballot is required and must be conducted by the OASIS TC Administrator. The TC must first approve a motion to request a Special Majority Ballot which must include the CSPRD number and approval date. This is that motion to approve.

Voting Results
9 of 9 eligible voters cast their vote before the deadline. - Yes received 8 Votes - No received 1 Vote The ballot received 1 comment.

View Results

Group: OASIS Election and Voter Services TC
Date Opened: Friday, 23 September 2011 @ 9:00 am ET
Date Closed: Friday, 30 September 2011 @ 9:00 am ET

Referenced Items

EML Specification v1.0 CSPRD01 (no size)

2011-08-17

Download | View Details

02120: EML v7 - Motion to request TC-Admin to conduct a Special Majority Ballot for Committee Specification approval. (18K)

2011-09-30

Download | View Details