emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: mimeType encoding

Hi,
	I'm submitting some language for the mimeType format IPAWS profile comments.  Not sure if its the direction the group decided on, or if it over-reaches, I don't know, but something to start with.

"The Profiles SC has identified several concerns regarding the encoding of EAS broadcast content based on public review feedback.  Proprietary encoding formats necessitating licencing being included in an open standard, the burden placed on implementers of supporting multiple encoding formats for a single media type, and the concern about the authoritativeness of multiple encoding formats present in the same message are all important considerations.  The Profiles SC has determined that one mimeType for each media type (eg. audio) should be established with the selection of that media's encoding format, preferably a non-proprietary one, being an implementation decision by the IPAWS program office in consultation with the ECIG."

--
jake@jpw.biz