emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: CAP-AP Task 3 - intentions wef April 8, 2011

The CAP-AP Request For Assistance document that is accessible from the EM-TC documents section provides a detailed explanation of my current thinking regarding the situation and scope of Task 3.  It also provides (in sub-section 3.c) a breakdown of the development process I am managing in Australia, to produce a "Final Approval" document.

I anticipate that your review of the Task 1 Discussion Paper document will inform your initial thinking on the range of OASIS activities that might need to be considered under Task 3.

I would appreciate any Task 3 thoughts you might have being advised to the SC as you develop them, as they might potentially trigger some additional considerations from other SC members.

The main issue I am trying to understand as quickly as possible, is whether the CAP-AP product that achieves Preliminary Endorsement from the Australian Committee in June 2011, could be used as the CAP-AP document that is to be considered within the OASIS process. It would be ideal if the SC can find a way to use the same document under both the Australian and the OASIS processes.

My preferred deadline to complete Task 3 is no later than 2 December 2011, but that will depend on the scope of activities that cannot be finalised until we complete the Task 1 activities.

Regards,

Greg Trott
CAP-AP Project Manager