emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: Re: CAP-AP Task 1 - response to Sukumar Dwarkanath's input

Sukumar,

Thank you for this feedback.  Regarding your question about the various [CAP] systems that exist in Australia - please see the document I posted into the Profiles SC documents area today (titled "CAP-AP Brief.pdf") - take a look at pages 6-8 for the information about current Australian systems.  The end users range from the public to other government agencies and industry.  I do not specifically know whether a high level architecture exists for any of these systems, but the Emergency Alert and Bureau of Meteorology systems are broadly used across Australia, so I would expect they have been developed with a top down approach, hence a high level architecture should exist, but I don't have access to it (but probably could request something if you wished me to pursue it).

Regards,

GREG TROTT
CAP-AP Project Manager