emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap-profiles] Resume Activity for CAP Profiles SC meetings

Hi Gary,

I'm overloaded as usual, both with SitRep Submission Request details and working on my comments for another TC (SOA-RM) which has a major spec in Public Review (Reference Architecture Foundation for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA-RAF), which is also a major spec in my work with NCOIC, so I may not make the meeting, or if I do, it may only be for a short while in order to bring up two points.

1. I believe we were going to task the RIM SC with reviewing Profiles or providing guidance for Profiles, and not just for CAP, and,
2. I thought we were going to expand the charter to include all Profiles of any spec. This is why the supporting element specs for CIQ and GML are worked through RIM, where they are maintained as part of the overall EDXL data model on which we're working. If I'm in error on this, hopefully someone can set me straight.

I'm very willing to concede that CAP is largely an entity unto itself, especially as far as the larger EM community is concerned, though EDXL-HAVE and EDXL-RM are now getting the kind of adoption and acceptance that CAP got at this point in its development, five years into the process. In any event, I will look at the minutes if I can't attend.

Cheers,
Rex