emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: Proposed amendments to Profiles SC Meeting Notes - 2011-10-12 and Action Item responses [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

UNCLASSIFIED

My proposed changes to the Draft Meeting Notes:

1) Top of Page 3: Change the first full sentence from “Greg feels “Notes” are more difficult to put into the IPAWS-format tables” to the following: “Greg feels “Notes” and “Examples” are more difficult to put into the IPAWS-format tables, and that “examples” add value to the CAP-AU document.”

Question A: Should Examples be placed in an Appendix like they are in the CAPv1.2 specification, with a cross reference to the relevant example noted under the element listing with the Profile tables?  Would this strategy improve the readability of the CAP-AU Profile?

2) Top of Page 4: Change the first full sentence from “This was an artifact carried over from CAP-CP, but not needed in CAP-AU.” to the following: “This denoted a multi-use element, but not needed in CAP-AU.”

One other suggestion: Given we are starting to get a number of action items and likely to get more during the forthcoming weeks, would it be useful to start identifying each action item by using a unique sequential number that makes it easier to refer too in future Minutes of Meetings?  My suggestion would be a 6-digit number like 1012-01 that decodes as 10 = Month, 12 = Day of meeting, –01 = sequential action item number (we won’t get more than 99 action items at any given meeting so 2 digits will be adequate)

Action Item responses from me are:

1) ACTION ITEM: With Elysa’s unavailability, Greg agreed to make the following changes.

CLOSED.  All actions completed and revisions incorporated into the “REVISED - ALERT elements of CAP Australia Profile document #2” document posted on Kavi on Oct 12, 2011

2) ACTION ITEM: Greg to talk to his stakeholders about a ‘Sender’ naming scheme that provides concise, unique values vs. using a URL as Canada does.

CLOSED.  The CAP-AU is able to adopt the “gov.au” domain name system that already exists in Australia and covers all known users of CAP in Australia at this time.  Examples have been updated accordingly in the “REVISED - ALERT elements of CAP Australia Profile document #2” document posted on Kavi on Oct 12, 2011

3) ACTION ITEM: Greg to look at <scope>, <restriction> and <addresses> and resolve issues.

CLOSED.  <scope>, <restriction> and <addresses> issues were reviewed and examples updated accordingly in the “REVISED - ALERT elements of CAP Australia Profile document #2” document posted on Kavi on Oct 12, 2011.  All the NOTES in CAP-AU under <restriction> and <addresses> elements should be considered as COMPLIMENTARY to the notes that already exist in CAPv1.2, not replacing the notes in the parent standard.

Question A: Can the CAP-AU notes be retained in conjunction with the CAPv1.2 notes or will they contradict each other?

Question B: Are the proposed changes correct?

Greg Trott

CAP-AU Project Manager

Australian Government Attorney-General's Department

I think all of your Action Items from the last meeting are already addressed, but here is the list I have: