emergency-cap message

Subject: collaborative editing

Hi everyone,

We are struggling to find a collaborative environment where everyone can work on documents together. I guess we tried Google Docs at one point before I joined, but we had some issues with firewalls blocking access. We discussed in the meeting today that we will try out OneDrive from Microsoft. I have created a test document on there (the last meeting notes). I shared it with Rex, Jacob, and Norm, but would appreciate if the others would please let me know the best email to use to invite you.

If you already have a Microsoft-based email (e.g.: hotmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, the email where you log in to Skype), then that is probably easier (make sure that’s the email address you share with me). Otherwise, you can create a OneDrive account using your existing email address. I did it with a Gmail account in about 2 minutes.

After you send me your email address, I will share the document with you. You will get a link in your email, open it up and click
“Sign In”

If you have a Microsoft account at the address you sent me, enter it. Otherwise, click the “Create one!” link:

Enter your email address. I used a Gmail account, for example.

Check your email. You should have a new email asking you to verify. Click on the blue Verify button in the email. That’s it, you should be set up. You may have to refresh the document where you started all of this or just reload it from the link you received in the first email.

Open it up and click on the “Edit Document” link.

The online interface should be pretty intuitive. Add some text to let me know you got it working:

Thanks, David

DAVID ASKOV | PACIFIC DISASTER CENTER 808.891.7937 | daskov@pdc.org