emergency-comment message

Subject: Who can issue CAP alerts?

Title: Message
    Please forgive me if I've missed something in the documentation and in my scanning of previous messges on the mailing lists...
    I'm curious about the expectations for who is permitted or expected to generate CAP alerts. For instance:
    Basically, the question is: Is CAP only for formal agencies? Or, is it something that is expected to be broadly used?

        bob wyman