emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-02-01-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc (DRAFT-02-01-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the February 1, 2011 meeting of the IF
subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified
changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-02-01-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc
(DRAFT-02-01-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
Here are minutes from the February 1, 2011 meeting of the Infrastructure
Framework Subcommittee.  At that meeting, we discussed the following
topics:

1.   TOPIC: What is the status of SimpleFeatures integration?  (Answer: (1)
SimpleFeatures is being approved with changes; (2) there is a plan for a
profile of SimpleFeatures for just the components that we plan to commonly
use, but there is an issue about whether the EM TC will have time to do
this )

2.   TOPIC: What are the use cases for linking content objects?  (Answer:
(1) Jeff suggested one based on the reorganized schema that allows DE
components to be used with other wrappers, so for example a DE Descriptor
in a SOAP header is linked to a DE Content Object in the SOAP body; (2)
Dave Ellis had one for use of a Content Object 0 as a security component to
link to other content objects, so if anyone else can pick that up for him
in his absence, we can move forward with it; (3) Anyone else who has a need
to link content objects, please consider articulating your use case to
support testing.)

3.   TOPIC: What testing of DE 2.0 is underway?  (Answer: (1) Jeff reported
on the initial success of showing the use of XMLBeans to read/write/create
the DE 2.0 examples in Java objects to show the DE 2.0 schema is usable in
this environment; (2) Next step for Jeff's work is to show  the DE 2.0's
originally designed capability to tie to an ontology to enable smart
routing;  (3) The opportunity and challenge of early testing remains for
those who can help. There is no doubt that early testing would be
beneficial.)

4.   TOPIC: Do we need to do a reachout to our face-2-face use case
presenters (e.g. DNDO, IPAWS, Weather Service)?  (Answer: Yes, this would
be good to suggest that there is an opportunity to confirm or provide
feedback as to whether the currently proposed schema satisfies their use
cases. Elysa will do a reachout to IPAWS and Weather Service. Jeff will
visit with DNDO.  The challenge of integrating testing into ongoing
activities was briefly discussed and the need for an agile testing
environment.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=41141

Download Document: