emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-11-22-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these minutes of the November 22, 2011 meeting of the IF subcommittee for approval at our upcoming meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-11-22-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc

Description
At the November 22, 2011 meeting of the Infrastructure Framework
Subcommittee, the members discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC: Now that the Distribution Element 2.0 Committee Specification
Draft is working its way toward public review, should we plan to do some
specific reachout? (Answer: Yes. Specific groups that we should contact
include Tactical Situation Object, ISO Technical Committee 223 Societal
Security, IAEM Standards and Practices, OMG, NIEM, and NCOIC. How best to
perform the reachout should be discussed at the full Emergency Management
Technical Committee meeting.)

2. TOPIC: Are there specific initiatives we could get started on in
support of education and adoption of the Distribution Element (DE) 2.0?
(Answer: Possibly. One example is the resolution of use of DE with HL7
(Health Level 7), which has its own header format. We should bring this up
for discussion at the full Emergency Management Technical Committee
meeting. Perhaps someone on the HL7 committee would be interested in also
participating in this Infrastructure Framework subcommittee. How ISO is
intending to use the DE with the TSO is also an important initiative to
address. Elysa will contact OASIS staff to arrange a telecon with ISO 223
folks.)

3. TOPIC: Can we use the JIRA Issue Tracker to support handling DE 2.0
comments from here on out and during public review? (Answer: Yes.
Martena, Lew and Jeff will get up-to-speed, with Chet's help and Rex can
advise from his experience utilizing JIRA as SitRep moves through its
current public review.)

4. TOPIC: How do we best explain and encourage usage of value lists and
get them published? (Answer: We should create a demonstration value list
for this purpose, which could be the default lists from the DE and also
one of the NIEM lists. Additional discussion of this topic is
recommended.)

5. TOPIC: Are there related information framework efforts we should
consider? (Answer: Yes. One is the NCOIC framework which Rex is helping
to develop. Patterns exist within the framework which helps consumers and
providers understand the services and how to use them.)

6. TOPIC: Can we consider an initiative to use the new DE 2.0 in OPEN?
(Answer: The good news is that there is interest in FEMA, and also that
IPAWS has maintained the original DE infrastructure support, so the ground
has been plowed but most likely a new effort will be needed to sew the DE
2.0 seed.)
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Jeff Waters