Subject: RE: [emergency] RIPAWS Profile Discrepancy

My 2 cents that apply to any "Profile"

The following are the attributes of a HAVE Haiti Profile message that are
required:

•	A HAVE Haiti Profile message must NOT become a new or additional
“standard” (e.g. another Hospital Availability standard or another HAVE 1.0
“version”).
•	A HAVE Haiti Profile message must NOT be a Proprietary Format.
•	A HAVE Haiti Profile message must comply with the HAVE 1.0 standard.
o	A HAVE Haiti Profile message must validate against the HAVE 1.0
standard schema.
o	A HAVE Haiti Profile message must validate within the HAVE 1.0
standard namespace with no changes to root elements.
o	A HAVE Haiti Profile message must use all required elements (i.e. no
deletion of required elements are allowed).
o	A HAVE Haiti Profile message must not change attributes for required
fields.

The following are recommendations for clarity:

•	A HAVE Haiti Profile message may further constrain the HAVE 1.0
standard.*
(* may be thought of as a “constraint schema” against the standard)
•	A HAVE Haiti Profile message may add to required element
definitions.*
(* only to extend or interpret the definition)
•	A HAVE Haiti Profile message may limit size of required elements.
•	A HAVE Haiti Profile message may exclude optional elements.
•	A HAVE Haiti Profile message may use optional elements in a specific
way – as defined for the profile.

The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to
think - rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for
ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men.  ~Bill
Beattie