Subject: Groups - EDXL-DE 2.0 Draft Statement of Purpose (EDXL-DE 2.0 SOP.doc) uploaded

All-
I think that through our work in the IF and RIM SC , we seem to have a
situation where the DE is pulled in two different directions for its
purpose:
1.Informal/user-based for "packaging" and "addressing" emergency
information
2.Strict/theory-based for routing in a grid-type infrastructure

My concern is that its hard if not impossible in a realistic timeframe to
get the DE to serve both of these purposes.  To that end Ive taken the
action to come up with a little draft for a flavor of the DE 2.0s SOP for
case 1, as it has been my focus for use of the DE.  I think as we move
ahead we will need to come up with another "flavor" of the DE to support #2
as well...Perhaps with the routing spec as another wrapper around the DE
lite concept or the like.

I wanted to get this out before the IF and TC calls so folks had a chance
to look it over so we can start to discuss this issue.  I think it's
imperative that as a TC we agree with a path ahead BEFORE we have the DE
Face to Face.  I realize that is a time constraint, but I think we have
some meetings between then and now that we can devote time and effort to
this important standard that is used to carry all of our other EDXL
standards.

 -- Mr. Donald McGarry

The document named EDXL-DE 2.0 Draft Statement of Purpose (EDXL-DE 2.0
SOP.doc) has been submitted by Mr. Donald McGarry to the OASIS Emergency
Management TC document repository.

Document Description:

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=38154