etmf message

Subject: RE: [etmf] LinkedIn Groups on OASIS work

With respect, the eTMF Standards LinkedIn Group has amassed over 200 members on the basis that this was a group linked to the OASIS initiative. I think it would be disingenuous to keep this group operational if it is no longer serving that purpose. If the group is to cease as the official external discussion forum, I recommend that it be closed down. If CareLex choose not to do this, it would be reasonable for a message to be posted to all existing subscribers and for the notice to remain plainly visible on the group to state that it has NO CONNECTION with the OASIS Technical Committee. Members of the group can then choose for themselves whether to remain on the group or to opt out. I personally think it would be dishonest not to make such a statement if the purpose/function of a group changes.

I would favour the creation of a new LI group with Carol as Group Manager to provide a forum for non-OASIS members to discuss topics that we as a TC are discussing.

Regards,

Eldin.

From: etmf@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:etmf@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Alpert Palchak
Sent: 19 March 2014 16:31
To: 'Carol Geyer'; etmf@lists.oasis-open.org

All,

You may recall we discussed early in the TC, the use of the logo that CareLex had offered to the group, but the TC opted not to use it, which we respect.  It is now the property of CareLex. I recommend we remove the link to the eTMF LinkedIn page from the TC page to prevent any concern, even though the link is clearly listed as an External Resource on the TC page.

Best,

Jennifer