etmf message

Subject: RE: [etmf] Request for clarification regarding -> Fwd: [etmf-comment] regarding Post: OASIS eTMF Standard Draft Approved

Chet,

No, the TC has NOT submitted any terms to NCI nor has CareLex submitted terms to NCI on behalf of the TC.  CareLex has spent hundreds of hours working with NCI over more than a year to develop a controlled vocabulary at NCI.  This work began prior to the TC’s formation and the body of work was first published at the Stanford National Center for Biomedical Ontology (Bioportal) for public review in 2012. View CareLex’s work here: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CARELEX?p=classes

Upon formation of the OASIS eTMF Standard TC, CareLex submitted and contributed the set of Category Terms, Annotation Properties, and Data Properties (collectively called Terms in this email) as a body of work for the OASIS TC to consider as a starting point, just as we contributed the technical specification to the TC for use as a starting point.  CareLex has repeatedly informed the TC members that these terms were pulled together from a variety of sources and has noted such sources in our TC slides.  Each source is also indicated in our work with the NCI, which publishes the terms for use by the global community.

While CareLex submitted the set of terms as a starting point for the TC, it is completely up to the collective TC to determine what the group will and will not use to achieve interoperability of the eTMF. Of course, the multiple rounds of Public Review will further inform the TC about the approach with the broadest appeal and use.  The TC’s Metadata Workgroup spent time during three lengthy meetings reviewing and questioning the terms initially submitted and now seeks public comment regarding the list of Terms as well as the technical spec.  Additionally, the OASIS eTMF TC is open to any and all who wish to join the TC’s efforts to establish a global standard for interoperability of the electronic trial master file.

CareLex’s work is open to public use and our aim is that the body of work resulting from OASIS eTMF Standard TC is free and open for public use.  CareLex’s goal is information interoperability in the eTMF domain and for other health science domains in the future.

Best,

Jennifer Alpert Palchak, CEO

CareLex

Direct: 916-600-8388

www.carelex.org

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential.  The information is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communications by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies.  Thank you for your cooperation.