geolang message

Subject: Proposed agenda for London meeting

Our next meeting is a face-to-face meeting in London Friday 2003-05-09
from 1100 to 1300.

Here is my proposed agenda for that meeting. If anyone has comments on
the agenda, please reply to the list.

  0. Formalities

     Maintenance of membership roster and approval of minutes from
     previous meeting.

  1. Report on liaison work

     The current (but by the time we get here, previous) chair has
     done some liaison work with the organizations and people
     responsible for ISO 639 and will report on it.

  2. Appointment of new chair.

     Mary Nishikawa has already volunteered for the position, so
     unless other candidates step forward we will just appoint her as
     chair.

  3. Review latest proposals

     We will look through the HTML, XTM, and RDF files making up the
     latest proposals for the PSI sets and discuss what changes are
     necessary before they can be published.

  4. Decide whether to publish

     We need to make up our minds about when we can publish these PSI
     sets officially. Do we need to wait for the PubSubj TC to finish
     all its recommendations, or can we move forward before that?

  5. What next?

     We need to decide whether to continue polishing the PSI sets for
     ISO 639 and 3166-1 or whether to move on to creating PSI sets
     following the same principles for the other PSI sets.

  6. Next meetings

     Schedule the next meetings, and discuss whether or not to have
     IRC meetings.