Subject: RE: [humanmarkup] food for thought

Another way to look at that is in terms of
a control language for instruments if you
consider body parts to be instruments. Music
as several markings for expressing a phrase
(eg, legato, staccato) and how to articulate
each or several notes of music.  Similarly
midi allows you to set such parameters as
velocity (how hard in theory the key is
struck or how much effort), and shaping
of a note (Attack Decay Sustain Release
or ADSR for short), duration and so forth.
The EMOTE article describes Spreading,
Enclosing, Rising, Sinking, Advancing and
Retreating) for shaped of torso motions,
and claims Effort as a high level term
that reflect inner psychological conditions.

So, just as in psychology there are multiple
schools for analysis and terminologies, we
are faced with the task of either adapting
some one or all of these, or creating categories
from which any or all of these might be
derived by transformation.  A tough problem
and by now the newcomers should have some
idea of what the last number of months
have been about.

Note that Sean demonstrated with RDF how
one can use a relationship and set to
show rough equivalences and we have
in XML Schemas several mechanisms for
declaring types and derivations of types,
so in terms our definitional tools, this is doable.
Getting the different groups to accept the
equivalences definitionally can be an
arduous task.  Caveat vendor.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard